Sunday, October 5, 2008

Santo Domingo de Silos

Luxury, luxury, luxury! Ya gotta love it.

Have gone from last night's hell to a little bit of heaven-on-earth.

Last night my hotel in Burgos was invaded by yobs. From 2.00pm
Saturday to 5.00am Sunday they kept up an incredible noise of screams,
shouts and chants backed up with whistles and drums, inside and
outside the hotel.

When I left the hotel at 9.00am Sunday, some were still hanging around
the door abusing all who passed. I have no idea what the occasion was
but it was very unpleasant.

Glad to leave Burgos, I got into my hire car and headed south. I had
hoped for something European but got a Toyota Yaris, adequate for the
job bit a little breathless for the 120kmh freeway.

SDdS was easy to find and a perfect delight.

I wandered into the church to find the monks in full voice, magic!
Then lunch in the sun (it has finally warmed up a little), ensalada
mixta and lomo.

The luxury? Well, the hotel I booked into over the Internet costs
only 8€ more than Burgos but I have a huge, magnificent room complete
with jacuzi!
I only wish that Gen were here to share it with me.

Oh! And a happy birthday to Culver!

Cheers
John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We always know how to find a little bit of luxery, luxery don't we. All is well in the Billing household. Taking my horse away end of week. Great to keep up with all your news. Love Chris and Tony