Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Reunion at Vespers

Red wine and sunshile at lunchtime meant an extended siesta.

After keeping an eye out for Jim all morning, I had surrender to a
sound siesta. More sound than usual, I was awoken at 6.50pm by a call
from Jim.

Dressing rapidly, I bolted to the church for Vespers. It would be a
real shame to be here and miss the singing of the Benedictine monks.

Jim found me at the conclusion of the service. It was great to see him
again. We enjoyed a beer and then some wine while catching up, he
really should write a book on his most recent Camino from Seville to
Santiago! Some great stories.

In one of those odd coincidences, most of the people at lunch were
Australian. A group of friends doing a "Parador Tour" has come to
SDdS for lunch. Sadly, they left without seeing any of the ínside of
the monastery or any of the services.

Jim's tour group generously allowed me to join them for dinner. So a
second meal surrounded by Aussies in one day. They are travelling
from Lourdes and Fatima to Santiago. Seeing a great deal and having a
great time by the look of it. They will be in fabulous Astorga by
tomorrow night, it will take me around 10 days to walk there!

Jim and I are two of the luckiest guys around, each having a fabulous
spouse that encourages and supports our experiences. So thanks again
to Christine and Gen.

Cheers
John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous experience you are having. Great to keep up with your news, the blog is such a good idea. It takes me far away from my desk and provides me with a much needed mental health holiday. ta mate! ps I am doing my best to keep Gen off the Dimple :-)