Sunday, October 26, 2008

Arzúa - Sunday Afternoon

The countryside looks so pretty but 30km through this with backpack
does hurt!

Again, a light frost this morning followed by a sunny day reaching
20C. Unfortunately the forecast is for a drastic change overnight,
low temperatures and heavy rain.

I've had fabulous weather so far so I'll just gave to wear it.

There have been cows (lots of cows), sheep, chickens and a few goats
along the way. But very few horses, made up for that today after
seeing nearly a dozen ponies as I entered Melide.

Melide was jam-packed! There were market stalls all over the place
and dense crowds of people. Helpfully, people kept pointing out the
pilgrim route thru town - I would never have found my way otherwise.

Arzúa us a 'road town' it stretches for over a kilometer along the
main road but doesn't go back very far from that road at all. It was
very quiet as I walked in but someone is driving around town with loud-
speakers on his car spruiking some 'spectacular'. Haven't worked out
what it's all about yet.

Cheers
John

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear...up until this blog, I was starting to think seriously about the Camino next year...until you mentioned the chickens. I have a pathological fear of the spawn of evil. We will have to discuss this in depth when you return :-) Bed bugs? nasty but okay. Stray dogs? a bit scary but I will have a stick. Walking on my own? a bit lonely but I'm sure I would get used to it. Chickens? OMG, I am starting to hyperventilate and this from the safety of the office! :-) Mostly, (chickens *shudder* aside) I have really enjoyed your travelogues. What a fascinating journey. The day by day account really helps us back in Oz to live the adventure. Can't wait to see the photos. Happy trekking mate, cheers

Anonymous said...

Oops...now thats the right spot on the time space continueum! Sahra x