Friday, October 31, 2008

Rambla de Mar

Friday lunchtime, this place is never quiet!

Tried twice to visit the docks and all the boats, the first time I
just got thoroughly soaked. Tried again an hour later and made it.

During a leisurely lunch at one of the dockside restaurants, I watched
the sailing vessel Cervantes Sa Avedra dock. A very leisurely
process. It took nearly an hour to get itself sorted but didn't seem
to be in any hurry.

To be fair, I think most of the time was spent waiting for two port
authority workers to show up.

Being on the docks in a prime tourist area, every person eating in the
restaurant seems to speak either English or German. Mostly Americans
from the cruise ships.

Soaked again on the way back to my hotel. Now for a siesta and will
try walking-about later - might wear my waterproof pants next time!

Cheers
John

No comments: