Thursday, October 23, 2008

Samos & Sarria

A very frosty morning heralded a fine but cool day.

Leaving town I had a choice of going directly to Sarria or re-visiting
the monastery at Samos on the way.

Samos adds 6.5km to the but what-the-heck. So I went to the monastery
arriving 15 minutes before the next guided tour. As I waited,
peregrinos came and went, too busy to look inside the monastery they
had gone out of their way to visit?

So I was given a personal tour by the guide, which was great. Instead
of the usual Spanish language tour with a few words in English I was
got the whole story in English.

Leaving Samos I followed the recommended route into the hills and
promptly got lost. Two solid hours of tramping finally got me back to
a place from where I could navigate to Sarria.

Needless to say it turned into a long day!

Cheers
John

No comments: