Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Santiago!!!!

A chill morning with alternating spots of weak sunshine and very cold
showers saw my slow progress into Santiago.

For some reason I have run out of energy today, doesn't matter as I'm
now safely ensconced in a nice hotel.

Made it to town at 12:20, so went straight to the Pilgrim Office and
completed the formalities for my 'Compostella'. Then after finding
accommodation went to 'eat street' for a bit of lunch.

I couldn't find our favourite cafe, as I can't recall it's name, I'll
have to try again later with glasses on. Contact lenses are good for
me for walking but a real limitation the rest of the time.

The travel desk which is situated under the Pilgrim Office was
unattended so I'll have to try there later too for a flight or train
back to Barcelona.

Cheers
John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations mate. Well done! What an amazing achievement. You must feel very satisfied and proud. Have a safe trip home (beware stray chickens). cheers